How to Apply
General Procedures for Vinyl Application
This guide is intended to provide you general techniques for applying your vinyl image through the use of the “Hinge Method”.
1. A center hinge can be either vertical or horizontal, whichever is the shortest distance.
2. Position the graphic and hold it in place with 1 or 2 inch (2.5 to 5 cm) wide strips of masking tape.
3. Apply two layers of masking tape, 1 or 2 inch (2.5 to 5 cm) wide, through the center of the graphic to make a hinge. The hinge should be perpendicular (at right angles) to the longest distance. See FIGURE 1
4. Fold half of the graphic back over the hinge. Peel off the liner all the way to the tape hinge. Then cut just the liner along the hinge. Discard the liner. See FIGURE 2
5. Fold the graphic back onto the substrate.
6. Gently hold the graphic away from the surface with one hand using care not to wrinkle or skew the graphic. Allow the adhesive to touch the substrate as pressure is applied during squeegeeing. Squeegee the graphic beginning at the center of the tape hinge and working outward to the closest edge. See Figure 3 Use firm pressure on the plastic applicator and overlap the strokes.
7. Remove the tape.
8. Apply the other half of the graphic in the same manner and then you’re DONE!
Please take the time to learn how to apply your new decal. There are no refunds or replacements due to application error. If you have any questions you can message us directly here.